I'm still recovering from my ten days in Calgary, during which I ate, drank, ate some more, drank some more, and spent some time with my favourite people. I like this picture because it captures the essence of my happiest times in the town of cows. At a window, drinking coffee, watching the urban landscape. Inasmuch as one can find urban landscapes amidst the urban sprawl. This was at Higher Grounds in Kensington. I also like how you can see the reflection of a latte in the glass. A little bourgeois, perhaps, but sometimes these things can't be helped. I'm from Calgary, for fuck's sake; oil money paid for most of my life. Sometimes it still helps me out with things like plane tickets home to visit dying relatives. I refuse to be ashamed of my middle-class upbringing any longer. Anyway, this street scene is kind of pretty.
Annie Wenstrup, The Museum of Unnatural Histories
-
1997:
Breaking sounds like a glacier
calving. Like ice sheets crashing
onto saves. A wave is water
oscillating between the moon’s pull
and the sea...
15 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment