Monday, November 17, 2008

WOMENwatch2008!


women
Originally uploaded by ryan walter wagner.
Yah, I know, you're sick of me blogging about WOMEN.

Well, what's a girl to do when she's only got one sibling and he's off touring the world with his not-quite famous low-fi indie band? I kinda miss the kid.

Herewith, some press and pictures. (See me in the photo by ryan wagner? Behind Matt's head. Neurotically playing with my earring and trying to elbow the kid next to me. I don't care if he 'knows them from Calgary,' buddy was bouncing all over the place with his camera. Highly annoying.)


Chris disagrees with the 'low-fi' label, admits the guys are music assholes in an About.com Alt Music interview

Treblezine
album review says one solid listen is all it takes to hear the genius within.

Sustained bursts of noise, drones, crashing and clattering loops and general textural fuckery (yes!) on Yelling About Music.

This Canadian Press article has been picked up in various places. This just in: Calgary not just Nashville North. Holy fuck, for reals?!

Nothing can kill the giddy buzz of a band's virgin cross-country tour like an uninspired gig in the middle of nowhere. Calgary Herald Sled Island Festival Spotlight.

Matt

Alex Molotkow on Exclaim!
comes closest to capturing the spirit of the band, I think. And the article contains my favourite Chris-related quote of all time ... his parents met at a fucking Captain Beefheart concert. That’s the perfect way to sum Chris up. I don't know if I think that's true, but I do know that every time I converse with Pat, we discuss a) the impeccable character of my brother, and b) the impossible coolness of my father. (OMG Tim!) Ergo, this quote, actually the entire interview, is classic Pat.

More to follow on WOMENwatch2008!. In the meantime, I leave you with two fanfreakintastic music videos. The first taken at the El Mocambo show in Toronto on Oct. 4, and the second uploaded by a fellow called randykkubo. Lovely.




No comments: